Wednesday, August 19, 2009

farewell my friend....

Tuesday night was so fun! Jamie! You should have been there! i know you couldnt but i wish you were! BLEH! (aiks. i got that from jess) teehee.

As usual, before i get out of the house, things that I have to do come popping out of thin air. its so murphy's law. argh.

once i got things settled and got the files into place, straight away Edrea calls and says: i'm outside your house already. I'm like: phew. just in time.

Got into the car with Edrea and Elden. haha. was so excited but acted like nothing was going on. but inside i was so scared and anxious to see whether my gift was still with edrea and whether elden knew! On the way to the party, picked up Shuk Ling, Shuk Fen and Yock Yu, forgive me if i get the names wrong. hehe. Shuk Ling i recognized from passion conference way back last year around.... hey.... exactly a year ago! ahahah! i met her during the august holidays when we were having passion conference! Sigh. i miss that conference. met so many people i'm good with today.

so yeah. the car was so silent. its hard for me. for those who know me, i'm the type of person who follows moods very much. and when i'm happy and in a good mood, its hard to shut my gap so yeah it was torture to hold my silence for a good twenty minutes.

We kinda got lost at first. cause we couldnt find Vun Hau's house. but we found it at last. she has a really sweet house. its big but not too intimidating and very homey. but i guess thats her character anyhow. friendly, funny and nice. she's really nice. hehe. she's pretty too. haha!

I got there and the first thought in my mind was to write in my card and stick it onto Elden's gift. ahaha! I was writing and writing while looking out for Elden and people. and then halfway through, Edrea sat beside me and i got nervous cause well, when i'm writing and people are staring at what i'm writing i get really really nervous. haha. its normal. when i was done, Edrea wanted to read it so i called him nosey. and just as i said that, his brother passed by like a metre away staring at me and his brother. and me and ed were like, in shock. we just sat there like rocks. ahahahhaahhahaha. the gift was hidden but the card wasnt exactly hidden. then me and ed jsut burst out laughing. hahaaha! we were totally in shock!

Jess finally arrived. gosh. she was starting to make me nervous. she baked these fabulous chocolate cupcakes. their rich creamy and oh so addictive! ahha!

When we were all done with food, we sat down in a circle. and played this game called husband and wife. hahhaha. first couple of the night, ............ Max and Stephanie! ahha! it was funny cause. the 'husband' and 'wife' is blindfolded and then spun around three times. haah. and we the crowd had to guide them. the boys guided Max and girls guided Steph. it was funny how their really bad at listening to directions. i guess its really hard when you're blind and ten people are shouting different orders at you. haha! Next couple was Erica and Ronald. Erica as usual is always hesitant and stubborn. she had to take a few pushes to get her into playing. They played and actually bumped into each others forehead! SO cute! ahhahaah!

Third couple, or shall we say, third victim? ahah! Elden and cathy.

the trick here was we blindfolded Elden and kept yelling Cathy! Cathy! Cathy! to make Elden think we're calling cathy to play. but the truth was while we were yelling cathy!

Max, Ronald, Cathy and Lizzie were running into the kitchen to get whip cream! ahahaha! it was so funny! cause we were spinning him around and then we counted one two three! and we smothered him with cream! ahhah! Lizzie slapped him with cream! literally! his face, shirt and hair was covered in cream and he was laughing and trying to take off his blindfold and trying to chase us all! ahhaha! it was so fun!

when the fun turned down a bit, me jess and ed were just standing there talking bout it and laughing and Edrea was holding a can of whip cream so it went something like this.

Me Edrea Jess

I think I wanna splash your brothers hair with whip cream. gimme some.
Oh okay. just dont hit his eyes. he's wearing contacts.
I want some too! i didnt get him!
Oh okay. I'll join you guys too!

The moment me and jess got the whip cream. we looked at each other smiled and totally smothered Edrea with whip cream. Jess got his face and I got his hair! hahaha! He chased us both but didnt manage to get either of us! ahhahaha! so fun how me and jess are so in sync! hehe! i wove you babe!

Later that night, the cell leaders shared about Elden. He's smart, talented, caring, generous, humble and just a all round nice guy. and when ten people say that, it just proves how great this guy is. I think we, the Eklektos youths are really going to miss this amazing person when he leaves! but i think his future is so bright we're all going to need shades! His potential and his energy is going to take him far and i'm pretty sure of it that its all for God's glory. and i really admire that.

When it was time to go home, everyone took pictures of Elden and hugged him.

I gave him his present on the way home. we talked a bit. me ed and elden. i think its going to really different in church for me without the wise. he was one of the people that i first met in church and until now, he was one of my good buddies. without him there, is definitely going to be weird. heh.

haha. but i'll see him again in kl soon. so hahah.

winter nostalgia,
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment