Monday, November 29, 2010

From high hopes to low batallions

I just thought my holidays would be peaceful. One where I could study and sleep in peace.

Life tends to do the exact opposite to me.

An old friend once told me, always keep your head high even when you're feeling lowest cause you don't know what will strike at you.

Have you ever felt parental pressure? The pressure you get when your parents speak highly of you to others, and when they smile at you and say: I hope you'll become better as you grow. and you smile back but inside you're shivering in fear with the thought of them finding out your doubts and insecurities.

I once spoke to a group of my friends and found that most of them have this fear but they overcome it by just ignoring the fear and just living their lives. More than often, I find my friends living up to their dreams and they seem happy. but soon after, i also find out that they don't usually make their parent's happy.

This is where the lines blur. Are we supposed to live our lives to be happy and content with ourselves, or where we live to please our parents and make them happy in order for us to be happy? or can we actually achieve both? if so, why is it so hard?

Then again, Life is filled with unexpected choices and often disappointing results.

I'm terribly sorry this article is so messed up. I'm a teenager. hahah.

That reason should suffice your thought.

My plans for December would definitely consists of having fun. November has been a thoroughly messed up and screwed over month. Having chicken pox and being pushed around and stepped on was not at all pleasant nor was it a good memory to keep.

Drinks with friends. Outings with sister. Outings with friends. and to lose some chubs. :P

Goodbye November~
Hello December! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment